2.25.2014

Adding color to your garden

Hi Everyone
 Happy Tuesday
With temperatures in the 70's
 here in California
it has been so warm and beautiful all the plants outside 
 think it is already Spring


Pansies in the front yard
are a tradition this time of year
they add beautiful color


The pansies get placed into vintage galvanized
pitchers, watering cans, even tucked
 next to a white blooming potato plant


There are so many pretty color combinations
these lavender and deep purple pansies
 look elegant in a vintage white urn


These just planted pansies
will grow and cascade
 down the urn in a few weeks


Our collection of vintage garden nozzles
 has continued to grow too
can you spot the brand new garden nozzle in the line up above
{Love}
the varying shapes and pretty aged patina of these brass nozzles


Do you have a favorite flower you
 like to use to add
 color to your garden




romantic saying for today

"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love thee."
Tolstoy



Pam




8 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous - everything looks so beautiful - and here I sit looking out a window at a winter wonderland still :(
    What a great idea to collect vintage nozzles ( every I say Nozzle I think of Laverne and Shirley for some reason LOL )
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 70s! Wow! How great to be out and enjoying spring weather! I love pansies - they are so sweet, and you've found such pretty containers for them all, Pam.
    Such a bright and beautiful post!
    :)
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so envious. I want Spring now. Looking out my window and all I see is snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your nozzle's - they make a great collection. Yes, aren't lucky to have such beautiful weather.
    My iris are blooming which is earlier than every before. All of your flowers really look great. So glad that we have rain on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No blooms here yet, but we are getting closer. Your pansies look so pretty. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam, love the pretty pansies! I love pansies, they are so delicate and dainty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam,
    Looks so sweet here, we here in Southern CA. Are now hit with that bad rain storm ( high desert)
    And with all the heat we have been having everything is coming up and trying to bloom.
    I too love pansies, but when in the need for a little colour we add another Lavender bush or another blooming shrub.

    I have been reading older postings here and enjoying your painted floors.
    A beautiful Sunday to you and an inspiring week to follow.

    Blessings, my Southern Ca. Neighbor.
    Xx

    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam,
    so lovely! You're in the mid of spring while her it is starting silently.
    All the best from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments