6.15.2012

Vintage Cake Stands

 Hi Everyone
 Happy Friday
Vintage Cake stands seem 
to be everywhere in 
our Home 
They are on shelves and 
counter tops
even stacked on top of each other
 in our kitchen cabinets
Some have  domes or cloches on top and
 some have adorable ruffled edges
Many of the vintage glass cake stands were given to me by my Grandmother
She made the most beautiful  and yummy cakes 
The cake stands are all different sizes, designs and shapes 
Most are vintage
I am not sure when this collection really started or that I even realized I had started a collection
 until the cake stands began to need more space in the kitchen 
and then they started to overflow through out the house
A Silver cake stand even sits on top of our stove
All of our cake stands get used especially during the holidays
and  for celebrations 
It is fun to hunt for usual vintage cake stands
 {I try to limit my collection to white, silver and clear glass}
pink would be pretty too!!!
~Do you have a treasure that you did not realize you were collecting 
until they took over your home too?~
Don't forget to enter the vintage tin heart giveaway
 please click here
giveaway  ends June 20th 

romantic saying for today
"Remember tonight for it is the beginning of always"
Dante Alighieri



Pam

15 comments:

  1. Collections are always fun to add to! Your cake stand a cloches can be used in so many creative ways. I LOVE your kitchen! So happy to stop by. Got lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the prettiest I've ever seen. What an amazing collection you have and your pictures are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the cloches on your cake stands, Pam! The white ones are great, but I love that silver one you have on your stove. I know they are not vintage, but I saw ruffled edge white ones at Christmas Tree Shop and bought one for a cloche base. I really like the way the stand raises things up, plus it seems to make the perfect base for a cloche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...gorgeous. I am partial to cake stands myself but never seem to find the array of beauties you have! You have inspired me to be on the lookout for more!! LOVE your home and decorating style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, your cake stands are lovely. I really need a new one with a dome because I broke my glass one! *sadface* I also want to buy a trifle bowl because I have all these great recipes that call for one. I think a trip to Williams-Sonoma is in my future!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You do have a lot of cake stands. I love them and they can be used for so many displays. I actually wish I had more and may get some soon. As for collecting...I knew I was collecting mercury glass candlesticks...but one day I realized...I had more than any person needs. I was buying them every time I'd find one at a good price. Now...I try to resist them unless they are just too pretty and too good a price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty collection, I love it all! I almost bought a pretty high domed cake plate last week at an antique store....maybe i'll get it after all, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always hesitate when considering a cake stand purchase, Pam. Just don't know what to do with them since I never bake cakes. But seeing the way you've displayed all of your beautiful ones....I might have to just buy one! :) My collection of French body pitchers started first; then came the vintage hemp/linen grain sacks. Recently it's been candelabras!!! lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a nice collection of them.
    Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of your cake stands and how fun a lot of them were from your grandmother. I love them with the cloches on them, they are perfect!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Pink Saturday, Pam. And, Happy Father's Day to your husband.

    Your cake stands are wonderful, and I love them, too. I have four, but your white one with the ruffled edge is calling my name.♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cake stands and cloches and domes. I have a pink one and had a greeen cloche, lent it to a friend and it got broken and haven't been able to find another. Have about 12 and they come in handy for community parties. Love the stove in your kitchen and your kitchen is beautiful. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these are amazingly beautiful, I can imagine the fabulous times when all of them are topped by yummy cakes :)

    www.jasminblancboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of collections around here that just happened unexpectedly. Cake stands is one, but most of ours are not vintage. I've ended up with stands in various sizes, colors, shapes. I find them useful for serving lots of things other than cakes. ;-) Fun to see your collection.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments