8.18.2011

Our Bed

Hi Everyone
Happy Thursday

A few months ago My wonderful Husband said
we could get a new bed
We have had the same bed frame since our wedding day
25 years ago
I started shopping for the perfect  new one
 {Love}
the gray  headboard in the photo above
{Love}
the shape of this white headboard
{Love}
this bed look at the heart on the headboard
So after looking at all of these and shopping like crazy I found a bed that I really loved
and I ordered it
I bought new mattresses, sheets , bedspread and a bed skirt
I was excited but there was something sad about it too
I wasn't as happy or excited about the new bed like I thought I would be
In fact I started thinking about our bed and all of the memories that are attached to it old and new 
I started mourning the loss of our old bed!!!!!
Really?
I know it sounds ridiculous


The day came when the new bed arrived 
It was pretty , it was simple, it was white, it was a king size bed
old bed is queen size

You are going to think I am crazy but we decided to send the new bed back
We still
{Love}
our old bed it may not be as beautiful as the beds above
or the new bed we ordered but it is full of love and memories that are precious
So I am happy and grateful and I am sure you are all thinking I am nuts !!
It's funny how something so simple can mean so much
 I am so Happy
My Husband is happy too He said he likes me close to him at night and
the king sized bed  had too much room and made us too far apart from each other!!!
sigh 
I Love that man

 I am a romantic at heart 
romantic saying for today
"Heaven on Earth is  perfect unconditional Love for another"
unknown


Pam

14 comments:

  1. Bellissimo arredamento!! Mi piace molto il vostro blog che seguo grazie al traduttore Google.
    Io sono italiana infatti, e conosco poco la vostra lingua, ma oltre ad essere affascianta dalle vostra fotografie sto riuscendo ad impararla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious, Pam! I have been known to do the same thing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and sweet post, and your bed is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story. I love that you sent it back. I have to agree about the hugeness of a king, we have one and I wish it was just a queen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No not nuts...sometimes new is NOT better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just sthe sweetest post I have read in a long time. I think you made the right decision.
    I always want a king.... we have a queen.
    Maybe I need to rethink this all over again!!!
    Great post.
    xx
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is very sweet and your bed is very charming! You did what felt right in your heart and I think that's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet, sweet post! We have a king size bed...and I love it...it's not big enough for me! LOL! (*_*) I do love your old bed...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, it made me tear up a little!
    As I look at your bed now it is more beautiful than ever because of the memories attached to it! You aren't crazy...you're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This reads like a sweet fairy tale! Be careful what you wish for!! I love your bed...it looks soft and cozy. We have had our bed since we were married and I am so attached to it...I want a new mattress but I am afraid it just won't be the same!! I thought I was being silly, but we do love what is familiar. And I'm not for a King size bed either. I wouldn't know what to do with all that room!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post! Love your bed the way it is.

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Pam
    Heaven on Earth - I love that quote and so perfect for your sweet sweet story!

    I love your old bed - I really do prefer a queen size - we've had both.
    I do admit when the children were very young a king size was best - more room and easier to get back to sleep after getting up to little ones!

    Wishing you a very happy weekend!

    Shane :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not nuts at all! I think it's a beautiful thought thought. We too often cast off the old because we think something new is better. Not always the case. Memories are priceless! Personally I think a queen size is more appropriate. I wish we had a queen instead of a king.
    Thanks for sharing this sweet story, Pam.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments