3.29.2011

Vintage shopping Test #3



Hi Everyone

Happy Wednesday

Are you ready to test your
{ vintage}
shopping skills again today?




I found this Victorian glass treasure in
France





It has two separate pieces
A tall cylinder and a 3 cup holder
The 3 cup holder goes onto the cylinder and
spins around

I was told this held
3 popular spices
for the table

What do you think this is?

What were those 3 spices ?


If you guessed salt, pepper and mustard
You are right!!
Its a condiment holder

How did you do?

{Love}
vintage treasures
linking up with
Kathleen at Faded Charm for
White Wednesday
and The Beach Cottage for
Good Life Wednesday


romantic saying for today

"Take away Love and Earth becomes a tomb"

Robert Browning


Pam


9 comments:

  1. I also have a 3-section dish. I didn't think to ever find out if there was a meaning behind it. It's nice to learn something new! http://cbsmallhome.blogspot.com/2011/03/indoor-signs-of-spring-birds.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that condiment holder. And I love Robert and Elizebeth Barret Browning.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam
    I'm just popping in from Sarah's and love this vintage find of yours.. I think I'd be filling it with all those little fiddly jewellery pieces.. I saw something similar once in silver and didn't buy it.. silly me!!

    Have a lovely week.. ciao xxxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats interesting! Thanks for the education on your lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is interesting...always love hearing about what something was really meant for! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool Pam! LOVE that piece. Although I doubt it would hold salt, pepper, and mustard at my house.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love learning new things...thanks so much:o)
    Cheers!
    PS I love your iron stoneware...I have just started collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that, so many uses! and I am sure it will always bring back great memories of where you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!

    Have a nice day!

    http://toutlamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments