3.31.2011

Trug Love

Hi Everyone 
Happy Friday

{Love}
English  trugs 

I found this large trug in France and 
I use it every day
great for holding fresh picked flowers or vegetables from the garden
It really is the perfect shape
I found the baby trug in Texas 

It is the cutest trug
Wish I had found it when my daughter was little
so we could have used them together

Trugs are originally made in England and
the design is over 200 years old
I know why it has been so popular
for so long
it is  light weight and easy to carry
and cute too


Here are the two trugs
together on my
garden table
and take a look at my sweet peas too
I have been babying my
sweet peas


I can't believe how amazing they smell
and how beautiful they look in the garden


It is so wonderful to get 
 close to nature 
Wonderful to hear the birds singing, the buzz of the bees
and the hummingbirds too

What a Blessing
to feel the sun on my shoulders and to pull out some weeds
good for the soul
~grateful~

Happy Spring
sending some sunshine to and
linking up with
My Romantic Cottage for Show and Tell Friday
Common Ground for Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday 
No Minimalist Here for Open house party

romantic saying for today

"I wish for nothing beyond her smile,and to walk with her thus,
hand in hand along a sun warmed flower bordered path" 
Andre Gide



Pam
 

15 comments:

  1. Pam ~
    I love your trugs and your beautiful
    sweet peas!!
    I too just am a happy girl with the
    warm sunshine!!
    I am smiling at your sidebar because I
    just love the button with toes in the sand ~
    That is so very much me totally !!

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetpeas? Awe, i can almost smell them! xoox, Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted an authentic English trug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam... well I just learned what a Trug is *winks* AND I found your beautiful Blog via a Blog Party over at French Country Cottage!

    Springtime Blessings... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam...

    Ohhh...your sweet peas are sooo pretty, my friend! And...your large trug looks fabulous filled with those gorgeous flowers! I have to be honest, I didn't know what a trug was...until your post! I learned something today! Thank you! And...thank you for sharing your beautiful flowers and trugs with us!

    Warmest spring wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the information about trugs...they really are wonderful. Your sweet peas are beautiful..if only we could smell them as well.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, those trugs are wonderful! I love the sweet peas too! When I was little sweet peas used to grow wild in the empty lot next to our house. My Mom would always catch me going over there to pick them for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, I just love the picture of your trug filled with sweet peas. They were my grandfather's favorite flower. I always think of him when I see them. Beautiful!!


    Tanya
    www.lisatakesix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, those are so cute. I love the little one, and your right, it is perfect for a child...I can imagine my daughter carrying it all around. Love those sweet peas too...I can't wait for warmer weather :)

    ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. So charming and pretty! And so many creative things you could do with that......I am so jealous of the warm weather you are experiencing and that flowers are blooming..here I feel like we are going backwards, its 33 and freezing rain! So over it. Thanks for the beautiful pictures and for stopping by my blog and your very kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there- Your trugs are darling and love sweat peas too~ they are soo charming in a garden! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pam, I have always loved these but never knew they were called trugs! The first picture with the trug full of flowers is beautiful. Thanks for sharing this at my party and I am now following your blog.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, you learn something new every day!

    Happy Spring to you, too!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so sweet what wonderful treasure.
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful I love the trugs! And sweet peas.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments