12.13.2010

Vintage Christmas Ornaments

*Happy Monday*
We started decorating the tree tonight
Here is a close up of one of our vintage
Christmas tree candle holders

This silver tin Santa is one of my favorites

It is from Germany and has the standard branch tree clip

It is in such great condition and even with all the detail it is light as a feather


Now for the mystery ornaments

When we were in France I found 12 of these card board cones with holes in them and a string hanger on the top

I am really not sure what they are for

I originally thought they were for the Christmas tree

to put candy in or flowers

?

I put them on the tree


I would love to have you help me solve this mystery..

If you have any ideas what their real purpose is please let me know

Is it really a ornament for the tree?

Is it for Candy or flowers?

are the holes just decoration?

Help.....

We are on the count down only

4 more days until our daughter comes home from college......

and only 12 more days until

Christmas

Blessings

Pam

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pam!
    That vintage Santa...candle clip is wonderful!
    Love your French cones. I do not know what their original purpose was but would guess that the holes are for flowers! I will check back to see if anyone else can solve the mystery.
    Enjoy decorating your tree!
    Take care,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the santa! I have no idea what those are, sorry no help, thanks for your visit!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy,
    My Mom was born and raised in France, she is not sure but she thinks they were used for wedding favors or christenings with jordan almonds in them.
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments