4.18.2011

Coronado Flower Show

Hi Everyone
Happy Monday

This weekend 
My husband took me to the
Coronado Flower Show
What a fabulous day
So fun walking around and looking at all of the amazing flowers
This beautiful arrangement was my favorite
love the colors and even the tiny succulents 
the lilacs smelled intoxicating 



 They judge the roses all lined up together in rows
here are the second place
red ribbon winners
Here are the First place
blue ribbon winners
there were 6 large white tents just filled with beauty


 {love}
old step side trucks this one was
filled with roses
a truck bed full of roses

{Love}
flowers in painted tin cans

Grateful 
for such a beautiful weekend
 such beauty  inspired us to work in our garden

This is my new DIY brick border it turned out great
we used recycled brick. It is  alittle uneven and looks like it has been there forever
Simply perfect to me and
 a fun project
linking up with House in the Roses for
Show off your Cottage Monday 

romantic saying for today
"Love distills desire upon the eyes love brings bewitching graces into the heart"
Euripides


Pam


10 comments:

  1. I'd love to go to a show like this...I can just imagine the wonderful scent in the air! The vintage truck is cute!

    I like your bricks...you both did that yourself? Kudos to you! It's really nice. I love the foxglove, too. Your garden is as pretty as the inside of your home!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam~ this is simply gorgeous!
    Your garden is beautiful as well!
    Smiles~
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pam,
    ÓÓÓóóóh I absolutely LOVE this show. It´s a dream for me. Your husband is perfect!
    The colors are amazing...I have never seen the purple color (from the first place- second from the right ! ) BEAUTIFUL.
    Have a nice day Vlaďka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam,
    Thank you for letting me know about your blog!This is lovely! Very inspiring and we have a common taste in treasures. The pictures you took are so sweet. It was wonderful to see you both yesterday, and hope it won't be your only flower show! It's been a family event for us since I can remember. The silver cup that says NAS Seattle from 1953 is exactly when my mom and grandparents were stationed at the nearby NAS Sandpoint in Seattle area and where my parents met. My granddad was the CO of the base at the time. How amazing to see the picture of the cup! Hope the four of you continue in health and happy times, and hope to see you again soon. Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to spend a day! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those floweres are just gorgeous! Your brick walkway is lovely too, wonderful job.
    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun show to go to! I bet it smelled amazing in there.

    Your yard looks great, I love the new bricks. It's always so fun to add to the yard.

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  8. what joy to go to a flower show. The smells must have been heavenly..it always reminds me of God when I look at flowers.
    I like flowers in tin cans...my favorite. Recycling yes:) also brick border and recycled bricks...lovely. Good job!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a guy to take you to the flower show!
    Very romantic too!
    Beautiful photos...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling husband you have. I love that first arrangement, too! I just got back from Paris where I went to my favorite flower market. I will have to make a plan to go to the Coronado Flower show next year. My mom lives in San Diego. Did you stop and "smell the roses?"

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments