4.04.2014

Something Blue

Hi Everyone
 Happy Friday
Vacations are wonderful they really do refresh and renew the soul
but...
We are happy to be back in California
 there really is
 no place like home 
and sleeping in your own bed !!!

I am so excited to have been asked to start a Friday
review of my
 Pinterest boards
This week I am sharing with you my Wedding board
Being a romantic I absolutely  
{LOVE}
weddings 
I am always curious about all of the personal details  
and traditions 
You all know the wedding verse

"Something old
Something new
Something borrowed
 and Something blue"

When we got married
  My Something old was my Grandmothers Bible
 she carried it when she got married and my Mom did too
My Something new was small diamond earrings my handsome husband gave me on our wedding day
My Something borrowed were hair clips to hold my veil that came from my sister in law
My Something blue was my garter



What was your something blue ?

{Love}
 the idea of adding blue shoes or


a blue ribbon sash
even blue in the bouquet


All these pictures are from my Pinterest
to see more just go
 here

I will be sharing others boards with you every Friday


Now for the fun part

Please leave me a comment and let me know what your
Something Blue was at your wedding





romantic saying for today

"Draw upon the Love you feel today and forever etch it in your hearts"
Neilson



Pam

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm. that was almost 37 years ago but I do believe my something blue was my garter. That was the thing back then I guess. Lovely wedding images. I hope you have a nice weekend. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam
      Congratulations on 37 years and many more to come
      always grateful to see you stopped by for a visit
      Blessings
      Pam

      Delete
  2. We eloped so I did not have anything. I am still hoping one day to renew our vows and maybe than I can have what I did not have at the elopement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty
      How romantic to elope
      I say go for it and renew your vows sounds like sooo much FUN!!!
      Blessings
      Pam

      Delete
  3. That bouquet is gorgeous, as are all the images. My blue was the garter. Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti
      me too a blue garter is still the number 1 "something blue" for Brides
      Blessings
      Pam

      Delete
  4. My something blue was my garter. I still find the garter a funny tradition and totally out of date even in the mid 70s when I got married.
    Beautiful inspiration board. I look forward to seeing your Friday posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah
      You are so kind I agree and I still can't believe Brides throw their
      beautiful bouquet LOL
      Thanks for your visit
      Blessings
      Pam

      Delete
  5. Alas, I didn't have a romantic wedding unfortunately. Unusual for this romantic-at-heart but there were circumstances which hindered my dream wedding. But after almost 42 years of marriage to my sweetie, I would gladly marry him all over again in a heart beat. My blue was my Prince Charming dressed in his beautiful light blue suit the day we got married. I so enjoyed your post. Thank you for sharing with us.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. My garter! It was baby blue and trimmed with lace. :) And I had tiny blue flowers in my bouquet, too.

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. M'y something bleu was a shared tattered piece of a blue hanky my grandmother used in her wedding that was passed down to my sister and I to share so we made scraps from it and shared the scraps with family. I pinned the blue hanky scrap into and under the hem of my dress, diamond earrings my same story as yours, and something borrowed was lip stick colour from my best dear life friend maid of honor. My bouquet was all white with white feathers, strands of beads and weaved bridal netting in the bouquet it was a piece of art.
    I love weddings, and being an interior designer, I also have stage and design wedding sets.

    Love this post, so romantic and love that grey beaded bouquet.
    My daughters plan for her wedding is silver grey wedding gown all tattered to perfecton and guys in grey tux wedding party in all white. French in style with a shabby chic romance.

    See we over here love weddings, planning them, and going to them :)

    Beautiful planning to you my friend.

    Also I have posted comments about your painted white floors ...loving them so much I painted my sitting room floor a shade of white, called white cloud by Behr.

    Beautifully Blessed Easter to you and yours.
    Come visit my post, French Easter wire.

    Xx
    Doré

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments