9.02.2013

Married 70 years


Hi Everyone
 Happy Monday
Yesterday we  were at a
 Celebration of Life
 get together for handsome husbands Uncle 
He lived to the great age of 91 and 
was married to the same women
 for 70 years


What I learned from watching this amazing couple
 is how
 kind they were to each other
there was always a sense of mutual respect and thoughtfulness


They got married when she was 16 and he was 21
and both said their
 {Love}
 for each other grew stronger with every passing year 
They had 3 children and many grandchildren as well as great grand children 

They were passionate about life 
and enjoyed
camping, fishing, hiking, walking, 
dancing, and most of all family 
and friends


They were alone together when he passed she was holding his hand
She said that was a gift he gave her 
 and she was grateful



What an amazing inspiration 
if you read the marriage vows
it says
 do you take this person to have and to hold
 for richer or poorer 
in sickness and in health
in good times and bad
 forsaking all others
 till death do you part





The Celebration of his Life 
was filled with stories of a well lived life 
shared with the women he Loved
until the day he died
this couple honored those vows for 70 years !!!
Now that's what I call a real life
romantic
 {Love}
 story



romantic saying for today

"I shall Love you with my whole heart for my whole life"
unknown


Pam


8 comments:

  1. I love reading about such long lasting Love.Wonderful little story of a long life together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I am bawling my eyes out.

    This is just too tender for words.

    What an amazing couple - and wonderful long life together. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Pam. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  4. An incredibly beautiful love story.♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful love story. It always amazes me to hear of couples being married for 65 years and more. They are a great example to couples today. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post about a true,deep love. I wish we heard of more of these. I wonder how many of today's couples will ever make it that far? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you, this is a real "love story". What a precious, heartwarming story!

    Your blog adds touches of beauty to my days, with every visit. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments