5.03.2013

Mothers Day Garden Party

Hi Everyone
 Happy Friday
This week end is my annual
 Mothers Day party 
This is a garden party with fabulous friends, pretty flowers
and delicious and decadent food




It is so much fun to get together
Everyone has to come wearing hats, gloves and pearls
There is even a prize for the best outfit
and a few years ago 
the winner wore a bicycle helmet, rubber gloves and a leather skirt 
some how she pulled this off like a champ!!!


We play fun games 
and exchange gifts of no more than $10 dollars 
Then of coarse you can steal a gift so there is always a 
little excitement
These talented Ladies get really creative with 10 bucks
 last year we all fought over a hand painted
water color picture of our home!!!!!


 Getting the house ready for the party
{Love}
 to include flowers everywhere



The kitchen gets a few
just picked flowers
 from the garden


Here is a picture from the very first 
Mother's day garden party
notice all the hats and gloves!!!!
{bad pic sorry}



The party is a way to celebrate
the blessings of
 Motherhood
with wonderful friends 
and a fun excuse to wear hats, gloves and pearls too

So grateful to be a MOM

romantic saying for today

"Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs"
Shakespeare



Pam



15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time. Have fun!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. Everything is so pretty. Just wanted to bring something to your attention though. You spelled course as in "of course" as coarse. Sorry don't mean to be picky. Just thought you would want to know. Your roses are beautiful by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a lot of fun Pam. I love that your friend was so ingenious about her 'costume' last year. Have a fun time. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice way to celebrate women, and each other. What a fabulous view from your kitchen window. I hope you'll share photos of this years gathering at the next garden party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely time you are all going to have! You are such a romantic and lover of beauty...wish I could be there! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea, I am sure your friends anxiously await the day. It is always fun to dress up, eat and laugh together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful time! The ladies loved it I can see and thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful party! That is such a great idea...I want to do something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea, Pam. I know you ladies will have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO grateful that your my mom :) beyond blessed!! love all the pretty fluers! xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a week idea, I want to do that next Mother's Day as this Mother's Day I will be out of town. Thank you for always sharing SUCH sweet things on your blog. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, can you please tell me what kind of roses those are right above the "We play fun games...." copy? Thanks!
    "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie sorry this reply took so long
      it is called sShell pink it is a cabbage rose
      one of my favorites very delicate and has a strong fragrance too
      Thanks so much for your visit
      Blessings
      Pam

      Delete
  13. i'm loving that garden container in the window....every time I come over here I drool over and over! you just have the prettiest items and ideas to share! thank you so much for sharing this post at Fishtail Cottage's garden party - the first of 2013! hope you have a great week! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun and great idea! I love the shabby flower box over your sink and what an amazing view you have!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments