1.18.2013

Before and After with chalk paint



Hi Everyone
 Happy Friday
This vintage hall tree was in really bad shape
 when we found it on one of our early morning walks
it was on the side of the road in the trash pile
our neighbors son and his roommates were throwing it away

The bones were good
but it did need work
this piece just seemed to be screaming chalk paint


You may remember this before picture.........
 So with the "vintage white" chalk paint in hand and no sanding or primer
this  trashed hall tree started to come alive
all the lovely details really began to pop


Because this was my first time using chalk paint
it was fun to see if it was going to live up to all the hype I had read about
yes it is worth all the hype
{Love} 
chalk paints coverage I only gave this piece one coat to see the coverage
it was amazing and it
has a great matt finish that has a vintage look and feel


Do you see the bullet mark on the top left of the mirror
 someone had used this piece for bb gun target practice
We were going to replace it but
that just had to stay as part of the history of our new vintage hall tree
makes me giggle


  The hall tree looks right at home
painted white

Have you tried chalk paint too
linking for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Feathered Nest Friday



romantic saying for today

"A kiss is only a moment but that moment forever lasts in your heart"
unknown



Pam







16 comments:

  1. I am so ready to do many of my antiques over. I just need the time and since I work - maybe in future retirement. Would love to have you come link this to my "Open House".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`m in love with that halltree. It`s so beautiful.

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg it looks so great,i love it,really pretty and shabby looking.
    I LOVE chalk paint and use it on everything now,one coat and no primer is a dream come true isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a difference painting this piece made! Incredible! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELL DONE, Pam!!!!

    I love the trash to treasure stories, one piece saved from the landfill at a time.

    Love it.

    I love chalk paint, too, yes 'ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the bullet gives it such character!
    love it white too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful piece and you have the perfect spot for it! Love the chalk paint transformation, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how it turned out! take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried chalk paint yet ... but after reading this I'm tempted. Your piece turned out great and looks so pretty in your home. Love the little piece of history that came with it... ":o)
    Blessings!
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pam,
    Your hall tree turned out beautifully!! I've never used chalk paint, so it's good to know that it works so well.
    And I like the bb mark, it gives it character! :)
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta love that hall tree. I'd sure love one but no foyer to put it in. She looks very special sitting in your entry. the white on her is perfect. Good old chalk paint and you only used one coat. That's really great. That stuff is magic.
    I've yet to use chalk paint, chalkboard paint or making mercury glass looking objects. Hopefully I'll be able to buy the supplies to do all three very soon. Only have our mudroom to work in right now (way too cold to work outside) and that's not really the best choice for working in.
    Happy for you the 1 coat of chalk paint worked so well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. C'est une très jolie transformation, le voilà reparti pour une nouvelle vie
    Nell

    ReplyDelete

  13. What a great post to enjoy on this Winter's day... I have been busy with some decorating and craft projects this week and behind on reading my emails and posts. So glad I stopped in to enjoy your site!

    Thanks for sharing!
    God bless....Brooke

    http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/
    My home and garden site...

    http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/
    My Vintage Art and Printables site...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep saying I am going to use chalk paint for a few projects I have i mind. For some reason --- I always delay the projects. Wait --- let me take that back --- I know the reason --- I'm plain old afraid!! You have given me inspiration. Let's see what I can do!! Thanks for sharing.
    Missy M

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pam!!

    It amazes me what people will throw away. I'm glad you saved it
    from the dump pile. It looks right at home now.

    Have a great weekend!!

    Pam
    xox

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your Comments